Friday 3 December 2010

Let it snow!


Snow has hit the UK big time and everyone has had their usual panic.  This morning the roads were a bit icy so instead of going to Caversham we stayed in London.  We ended up doing our weights at Thames RC and I did my bike session at London RC.  I normally would have trained at my own club (University of London Boat Club) but Bill [from the GB quad] wanted to show us round his new club - he had no idea where anything was.

I'm coming towards the end of the second week of training.  Things are going well; scores are improving and back is getting stronger.  I'm generally confined to weights and the static bike at the moment, supplementing with a few other exercises.  My back has twinged a couple of times this week but recovered within 24hrs; this should all settle down as my conditioning develops and my injections (first one on Monday) take effect.

As usual, I will be training tomorrow, but once i'm finished i'm meeting my mum and little sister (Emily) in Central London to do a bit of Christmas Shopping.  My parent's live in Durham, so Emily is having an adventure after being snowed in for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment