Sunday 26 December 2010

He's behind you!!!!



My cousin Sarah Baille (stage name) brought a touch of class to the Gala Theatre Panto performance of Cinderella.  She is 13 and destined to stardom on Byker Grove, following a glittering career path set by Ant, Dec and Jane Middlemiss.  Paddy was lucky enough to get his ticket stub signed by the star herself and will be held alongside my Uncle Mitch's autographed Queen LP (first album) as one to put on Ebay when short of cash. 

Before the show I went to a bar with cousin's Mark, Phil and Nicolas to watch Sunderland not turn up against Man Utd (2-0), and bumped into a school mate [Paul] while there - he's doing well and has just started a history PHD on the boring bit between the two World Wars.

Post-theatre, a few friends popped round the house and my little sis took them to town on the Wii Party, showing some good skills on "Ram Run".

My back felt a bit better this morning, so was able to do an ergo and body weights circuit before lunch.  Tomorrow I'm back at the EIS gym in Durham before I meet my girlfriend Louise at the train station.  On Tuesday we are all travelling down to Leeds to see my Granny, Auntie Marie, Uncle Kevin, Uncle Ray and cousins - Grace, Rachael and Eve.  Should be a good laugh.  I will do a profile on my Granny soon; she has a killer sense of fun and true party animal.

p.s. We had another classic Uncle Mitch Christmas Quiz.  Questions included - A train sets off at 100mph from Birmingham to London at 7am.  At 8am another train sets off from London to Birmingham at 120mph. When the trains pass, which one is closer to London?  Of the 1,000 games played by Uncle Mitch's "Allstars" football team, how many games has Uncle Mitch played in?  [516 for those that aren't well acquainted with the team sheet]  And a favourite from last year, What is the only word in the Oxford English dictionary pronounced incorrectly?  Phil and myself came second, Nicolas and Uncle Ian won.  The quiz was followed by giant Jenga, fast becoming a family tradition.

1 comment: