Wednesday 24 November 2010

Visit to Dr Keith


Today was my first weights and ergo sessions of the season, both went well and feeling content on how I view my season going forward.
I also went to Harley Street, not for cosmetic surgery - though some say my nose could do with it, but to see Dr Keith (Consultant Orthopaedic and Sports Physician). We talked through some of the back issues I have been having and have decided a good path forward. I had an epidural to help settle down an irritated disc and will have some further injections in the lead-up to Christmas; they will tighten and strengthen the ligaments around my lumber spine, creating a strong platform to build upon. In all my years rowing I have had no significant lumber back issues so I hope that this will settle soon and let me get on with training without distractions. The important thing is to set myself up to be strong, consistent and ready to take the load of the next 618 days. Bring it...

No comments:

Post a Comment