Wednesday 11 May 2011

Team Announcement


Today is the formal announcement of the GB Rowing Team for the first World Cup.  I am really pleased to have been selected for the GB men's Eight - I will be sitting in the "two seat" (see photo below) and can't wait to get this season's racing underway. 

We have been training as the Eight for the past week or so and I'm really enjoying to be back in larger crew boats.  The Eight is such a big machine that it takes time for everyone to be working as one - in total unison - but when it does come together it is such an electric feel.  Communication, honesty and mutual respect are big themes; we work hard to engage each other and ensure no stone is left unturned as we progress this project forward.

The rest of the crew ahead of me are World Championship silver medalists from 2011 and the guy behind me (Alex Partridge) is a multi-time World Champion and Olympic silver medalist - so a pretty strong group of guys to be rowing with!  The team is very competitive and seats are very hard to gain - and ever harder to keep.  My tasks over the coming weeks and months is to prove I have something to continually bring to the Eight, to keep improving and most of all - enjoy it. 
The first World Cup is the weekend of the 28th/29th May and it will be in Munich [Germany].

As always, thank you to all those that help and support me, I couldn't do it without you; in particular my friends, family and sponsor (Atos Origin).

442 days to go...
[copyright credits to Peter Spurrier @ Intersport Images]

1 comment:

  1. hiya nathaniel, nice oakleys!!! I love the siemen on your chest ;-)

    ReplyDelete