Thursday 26 May 2011

Night before Day


Here is a video I took a few days ago while at Dorney lake, I've uploaded a few other clips to my new YouTube channel ["nrodvlog"]; You should also be able to view it on the left hand side (part-way down).

Today we had two good sessions on the course in Munich.  We will have two races tomorrow; the first at 12:35 BST; the second at 17:35 BST.  Our first race is unusual as it will be a time trial over 1900m.  Readers of previous posts will know that we often do this as part of our National Trials, but I have never had to do it in an international race.  The reason FISA (the World Governing Body) is doing this is to practice the procedure should it be required at events where the weather prevents fair racing in a side by side format.  It should be interesting how it pans out...

The second race will be our heat.  The heats will be seeded from the time trial and the winners will go straight to the A-final.  Places 2-6 will have to race again in the repercharge (Sat).

Both races can be watched live at here on the World Rowing website.  I don't think there will be a live video feed until the finals on Sunday.

I'm aware my posts have become slightly sterile and will look to juice them up a bit where possible!  Comments and suggestions welcome.

1 comment: