Friday 4 November 2011

Fours Head

Tomorrow is the Fours Head.  It's an annual race held on the River Thames; running from Mortlake to Putney (the boat race course in "reverse").  Until a couple of weeks ago I didn't realise I could actually do the race this year (I thought we wouldn't be released from GB commitments), and it was only a few days ago that I found out I would be racing at all.

I'm filling into a Leander four as one of the other guys on the team hasn't recovered from an injury.  I row for the University of London, but lots of guys are enticed to go to Leander as they offer free breakfasts.  I won't be selling my soul anytime soon though, I'll sort my own breakfast out thanks.

If you're in West London, the best places you can watch the race are from Barnes Bridge, Hammersmith Bridge or one of the few pubs that line the route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment