Friday 28 October 2011

County Durham Community Foundation event



The County Durham Community Foundation held their Realising Dreams event today.  Sadly, I couldn't make it, but my mum and Emily went on my behalf.  Above, Emily is posing with Chris Cook (Commonwealth, World & European Medalist & Olympic Finalist swimmer), she said it was like the paparazzi when she went out for photo's!  By all accounts (well, my mums account) she was shy at first but everyone made her feel very welcome and she had a great time.  The Foundation has helped me several times over the years.  Most recently they helped my buy a new single to train and race in.  They have been a fantastic support and have always been very helpful; John Elliott of Ebac Ltd (a donor to the Foundation) has been a particularly strong supporter.  The Foundation, and it's staff, champion the North East at any opportunity - helping projects, groups and individuals.  Their website is http://www.cdcf.org.uk/ - give them a look.


Emily has been on half-term and blew her life savings on a Transylvanian families House.  My family in Leeds are going up to Durham on Sunday, I'm sure Emily will be showing my little cousin Eve round the new toy house.


Thanks again to the County Durham Community Foundation, good luck with all your current projects!

1 comment: