Sunday 13 November 2011

Busy week ahead


Sophie "don't mess" Atkinson @ O2


A reasonably big week has gone by, definitely feeling it - but in a lot better shape than I expected. 

I woke up Wednesday morning with a hot/cold fever and thought it was going to be a double-tops check out (c.f. darts); I toughed it out and actually started to feel better.  Jurgen says "what comes with rowing, goes with rowing" - it didn't quite work like that when I had a chest infection, but this time it worked out just fine.

This week see's us taper down for our first internal trial of the year; it will be followed by a 2km ergo test on Saturday.  Both will be first markers for the season, I hope to convert strong training performances into good results.

The photo above was taken earlier in the week.  I'm with Sophie (my gaffer at O2).  My moustache makes me look like Cyrille Snear and she looks mean - but she's actually really nice.

Coming up - Next Monday I'll be flying to Sierra Nevada [Spain] for the first altitude camp of the season.

1 comment:

  1. its that shirt again, you got any others?

    ReplyDelete