Tuesday 22 March 2011

2km Erg Test Tomorrow


The Olympic racing distance is 2km, and so one of the major tests each year is to measure how fast we can cover that same distance on the ergo.  Many rowers dread "2k day", when man (or woman) meets machine for 6ish not so beautiful minutes.  My first memory of a 2k is when I was 12, that day I posted 8 mins 12 secs - I now train for 20km significantly faster than that pace.

The last week has been slightly frustrating as I came down with an eye and chest infection during the physical low after the seat racing the previous weekend.  After a course of anti-biotics and several squirts of eye-drops, things seem to be back under control.  After camps or heavy racing your body can react in all sorts of ways, over the past couple of months that has been on the edge of illness.  I'm tweaking my recovery strategy to try and improve this.

Tomorrow I will drop an update on how things go.

p.s. Thanks for all the comments and feedback.

1684 pageviews since November, roughly 1100 individual visits.

1 comment:

  1. get well SOOOON lots of love from your biggesssstttt faaaannnnnnn xxxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete