Sunday 9 January 2011

Half day on camp


This is the training centre in Sierra Nevada [Spain].  You can make out the oval running track on the roof (under the snow in the middle is an astro-turf football pitch).  As you can see the views are spectacular.


This is where the magic happens; lined up and ready to go.


 This is the view from just outside the erg room.

And this is the view from the erg (apologies for poor lighting).

Training has been going well but my back has been sore; the journey on the plane and then coach for 3 hours isn't ideal coupled with an increase in time spent on the ergo, it was likely I would get some grumbling.  On the positive, my erg splits have been coming down and I have been holding my body form well, which will all reap rewards as the season goes on.  Work in the gym (lifting weights) has been going well and I expect to produce some PB performances by the end of the camp.

The camp generally works on a 3 day cycle, with heavy work for the first 2 days and then intensive pieces on the 3rd day.  For the next 3 days I will be focusing on reducing irritation in my back and building up the mileage on the ergo.

p.s. the battery in my watch went today, gutted, that bad boy has lasted since 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment