Tuesday 25 January 2011

Dans le UK


I arrived back in the UK on Friday night (Louise picked me up from the airport - thanks again).  A few things have changed since I was away - petrol prices are through the roof, economy has shrunk, Irish PM ousted and numerous resignations.  The only positive thing I have heard is that My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is back on.  I was training on Saturday morning and went coaching in the afternoon.  I returned home feeling really quite ill and became feverish for several hours.  I'm not sure what caused it but I was still shivering Sunday morning.  I've recovered reasonably well since then and expect to be back training tomorrow.

There has been a state of mourning at home; one of my little sister's goldfish has gone to the big flush in the sky, RIP John.  Our thoughts are with Edward (the other fish) during this troubled time.  Brian and Buddy, the tank cleaning snails, are said to be finding the passing differcult and stopped sucking.  Emily thinks they might be dead too; gutted.

I forgot to mention that my bag was ripped by Malaga baggage handlers.  I felt like Rhod Gilbert - watch this, very funny.  As I saw a squad bag coming round the baggage carousel, boxers falling out each time someone brushed it as it passed, I found it pretty funny.  Sadly I quickly realised that only I had such good taste in boxers and that the offending luggage must be mine.  I had to report it at an Iberia Airways desk (even though flying BA) and nearly missed the coach as a conseqence.  I've ordered a new bag as this one can't be repaired, BA should repay me when I send them the receipt.

Hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment