Friday 22 June 2012

Altitude Camp - delayed

Today I was due to fly out on altitude camp with the rest of the team but this morning I woke up with a stomach bug.  The decision was made for me to stay at home, that way I can recover and not spread my germs.  The plan is to head up onto the mountain on Sunday.  Once up at altitude I'm planning on hosting a couple of Twitcasts where you can tune in and watch us while we are having dinner.  I'll post details on here and on Twitter so you know when to watch.

A couple of people have asked about selection etc.  At the moment I am none the wiser.  There are four guys for three seats - one place in the eight and two reserves.  I expect to find out the final decision in the next 2-3 weeks.

To receive posts to your email inbox then sign up on the left.  You can also follow me day to day on Twitter @nrod2012.  Feel free to make comments and ask questions.

As always, a sincere thanks to everyone sending their best wishes.  A special thanks the The National Lottery (UK Sport), Atos and BMW - without which I wouldn't be able to fulfil my ambitions full-time.

p.s. If you missed it on Twitter, here is a video of the crew room at our training centre at Caversham.  The whole team was enjoying watch the Olympic sculler fall in on camera. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment