Thursday 26 April 2012

Back from Varese, preparing for Belgrade.

Things can change a lot in a couple of weeks. In my last post I said I had been disappointed not to be racing at the first World Cup event of the season, now I will be. I'll be racing in a pair with Cameron Nichol - he has been in the GB World silver medal eight for the past two years. We both went to university (UCL, Univ. of London) together and in the past raced quite a bit together - inc. winning Henley in 2007.

So for the next week we will be making are preparations to race in Belgrade, Serbia. It will be a good chance to get some higher intensity work done even though we have been put together at quite a late stage. George and Will are the selected GB pair and so the World Cup is a good chance to gauge progress against the guys currently selected in the Olympic seats.

My friend Fil's family are Serbian big wigs (his grandfather was the Serbian President), so I'm really looking forward to visiting a country he has raved so much about.

Feel free to ask questions / make comments. Day to day you can follow me on Twitter @nrod2012.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be there to watch Friday to Sunday so i can rave about it a bit more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your name in the entries on FISA and was over the moon, rushed onto the blog for updates. Perfect opportunity to show them all where to thrive; in racing. Best of luck. We'll all be cheering you and Cameron on. From number one fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, you have always been at your best in smaller boats where your craftsmanship, gamesmanship and leadership can shine through. God's speed we are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you have managed to make so much progress in such a short space of time. Wonderful news and a great testimony to your commitment, talent and perseverence. Keep living the dream! Life to the full x
    Ps. don't know who that great pretender is, but I am your number one fan!

    ReplyDelete