Sunday 11 December 2011

Blue Peter, BMW and stuff


Thanks to Berry Chiswick BMW I'm now cruising the streets of Richmond in a new car.  It's a diesel and so it means I can get used to a decent MPG again.  Great vehicles, appreciated greatly!


This week my little sister Emily became a proud recipient of a Blue Peter badge, at 10 (or any age for that matter) life really doesn't get any better than that!  She was awarded the badge for her County Durham Tourist Guide.  We are a family of five children, so it's great that Emily has been able to out-perform all of us and be the first ever Reilly-O'Donnel to be a Blue Peter badge holder.  Well done Em!

[for foreign readers - Blue Peter is a major BBC childrens factual programme.  It's been going for decades and very much part of British culture.  Competition winners are awarded the Blue Peter badge.]



As mentioned in my last post, I went to see Michael McIntyre with Louise and her sister last Monday night.  It was held at Norden Farm in Maidenhead, pretty small venue (seats 225) and so was really good to have a pub comedy night feel with such a recognised comedian.  The warm-up act was Mark (insert surname here) and was actually just as good as Michael.  The show was used as a warm-up gig for his Christmas Special - hopefully he didn't tell all his best jokes!

Beyond all this excitment, training has been tough (standard) and I've been making the transition from the bike/cross-trainer onto the ergo.  Things have gone alright - the rate of recovery is never linear - I'm looking forward to getting back onto the normal programme.

Plus I've started Christmas shopping.

1 comment:

  1. I had an eptopic period recently, but i've been eating more carbs and it seems to have subsided. I get it now and then when i'm resting, and it's a worrying feeling during exercise!

    ReplyDelete