Tuesday 26 July 2011

Silveretta 2011




If you've been following me on Twitter (@nrod2012) you will have seen the pictures above already.  This is Lake Silveretta, the location for GB Rowing's [heavyweight men] summer altitude camp.  The weather can change very quickly and so it can be green one moment and then a blanket of snow a blink later.

This camp is heavy work and used to prepare us for the World Championships.  There is a distinct self-harm sort of feel to the camp, but at least with this you know it will actually help.

My brother Paddy has just gone off to Peru to find himself; probably will half-way through being eaten alive and having the runs for the third time.  He will be back in a month so really looking forward to hearing his stories; I'd love to swan round South America for a bit.

My brother Ben has been selected for the British Universities rowing team that will race at EUSA (European Student Champs).  Really pleased for him as his season has been marred with complications.  The competition is in Russia, again somewhere I'm really keen to go.  I was in Belarus last year and loved the Soviet vibe, I imagine Red Square takes it to a whole new level.  Ben will also be racing with UL in China, I think he leaves in the next week or so.  I've been on a similar trip with UL and loved every minute - well nearly.  China takes tat to a whole new level, hopefully Ben can fetch me something particularly ridiulous.

My sister's Charlotte and Emily are chilling in Old Cassop, living the no brother dream.  If anyone is reading in Durham and they are interested in a bit of personal training/advice then Charlotte is a Sports Science Graduate from Loughborough (with Hons) and looking to pick up a bit of work before she goes travelling next year.  If you're looking for a chimney sweep then Emily is tall and skinny and so should do the job pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. Offers are coming in by the dozen for chimney sweeping jobs! Thanks for that-Great summer job!!!

    Have fun, love Em x

    ReplyDelete